1) Ongoing effort to collect Intent to Enroll forms. These forms do not obligate a family to enroll their child, they simply function to give the Design Team of the charter and the Poudre School District an idea of how much interest there is in the school and its opening grade levels. These forms are the “currency “ for the PSD regarding interest and intent by families about the school. They also allow the school’s Design Team to develop the school for a known population size.
2) Montessori Education Speaker Series – March 7 and April 4, 2013
- March 7, 2013 – Elementary and Middle School Education from a Montessori Perspective – Event held at Home State Bank (basement conference room) at 303 E. Mountain Ave, Fort Collins CO. 6-8 PM.
Join us with two heads of Montessori Charter Schools to examine what Montessori education for elementary and middle school aged children is like. Discussion and Question period from 6-8 PM.
- April 4, 2013 – Montessori Education in the Public Realm. Dr. Jacqueline Cossentino from the National Center for Montessori Education in the Public Realm (www.public-montessori.org) will present and discuss how widespread and effective Montessori education is in the public sector in the US.
3) We need letters of support for a Montessori Charter School in Fort Collins. If you support this kind of charter school in Fort Collins, now is the time to send in letters of support for this school. Your letter should be addressed to the PSD Board of Education, and should offer your personal words about why you think this would be an excellent addition to the offerings in PSD. All favorable letters will be included in our charter application to the District. Thank you ! Please sign and date all letters and mail them to : Fort Collins Montessori School, PO Box 1546, Fort Collins, CO 80522-1546
We can use all the help we can get, so please join us!