How Enrollment Works
Currently enrolled K‐6th students have priority for enrollment in Fort Collins Montessori School for the following school year. Currently enrolled students must submit an Intent to Re-Enroll Form by the annual January deadline.
Enrollment at FCMS differs slightly for Preschool (ages 3 and 4) and K-6th grade. Both programs employ a lottery if the number of applicants exceeds the number of spaces available. There are two enrollment periods—Open Enrollment and Post‐Lottery Enrollment.
To be eligible for the lottery for either Preschool or K‐6th, applications must be postmarked during the Open Enrollment period (2018-2019 dates coming soon). Families may also enroll during the Post‐Lottery Enrollment period and will be placed on a waiting list if there are no spaces available.
Placement in a program is prescribed by the student’s age as of September 15th for students entering Preschool through 1st grade the upcoming school year (see enrollment policies below). If the incoming student is enrolling in 2nd through 6th grade, he/she will be placed in the grade level which corresponds to the grade level he/she would be entering at his/her former school.
Please review the following tuition and enrollment information:
Any questions about enrollment should be directed to [email protected] or 970‐631‐8612
Tour Our School
We would love to show you around! To schedule a tour of our school, please email [email protected] or call 970-631-8612 (Elementary tours) or 970-672-8492 (Primary/Pre-K tours).
Join Us for an Open House
We encourage prospective parents to attend our Open House events in January. The dates and times of our Open House events will be posted on our web site calendar and in Poudre School District marketing materials.
If you have been notified of a position in our K‐6th program for your child, we encourage you to schedule a meeting and classroom observation with our Head of School.
Important Dates Enrollment
- Date TBA: Open Enrollment for 2019-2020 school year – Preschool and K‐6th
- Date TBA: 2019-2020 Intent to Re-Enroll form due
- Date TBA: Lottery for 2019-2020 Open Enrollment
- Date TBA: Offers extended for 2019-2020 school year to students selected in the lottery
- Date TBA: Parents to inform FCMS if they accept or decline offer entry for 2019-2020 school year
- Date TBA: Post‐Lottery Enrollment for K‐6th for 2019-2020 school year
- Date TBA: Post‐Lottery Enrollment for Preschool for 2019-2020 school year
- 2017-2018 Primary Returning Student Packet
- 2017-2018 Returning Elementary Packet
- 2018-2019 Intent to Re-Enroll Form
- New Student Enrollment Form (Use this form to apply for enrollment)
- 2017-2018 New Student Registration Packet