Preschool openings coming soon for the 2016-17 school year!
Enrollment 2017-18 Important Dates
- November 18, 2016 – February 10, 2017: Open Enrollment for Preschool and K‐6th
- January 20th – Intent to Re-Enroll form due
- February 17, 2017: Lottery for Open Enrollment
- February 20, 2017: Offers extended to students selected in the lottery
- February 22, 2017: Parents to inform FCMS if they accept or decline offer.
- February 11, 2017 – September 30, 2017: Post‐Lottery Enrollment for K‐6th
- February 11, 2017 – end of 2017-2018 school year: Post‐Lottery Enrollment for Preschool
We strongly encourage prospective parents to attend our Open House events in January, 2017. We also strongly encourage those who have been notified of a position in our K‐Elementary program to schedule a meeting and classroom observation with our Head of School. The dates and times of our Open House events will be posted on our web site calendar and in Poudre School District marketing materials.
Enrollment at FCMS differs slightly for Preschool grades (ages 3 and 4) and Kindergarten through 6th grade. Both procedures have a priority order for admission, and both employ a lottery if the number of applicants exceeds the number of spaces available. There are two enrollment periods, Open Enrollment and Post‐Lottery Enrollment. To be eligible for the lottery for either Preschool or K‐6th, applications must be postmarked during the Open Enrollment Period, November 18, 2016 ‐ February 10, 2017. Families may also enroll during the Post‐Lottery Enrollment period and will be placed on a waiting list if there are no spaces available.
Placement in a program is prescribed by the student’s age as of September 15th for students entering Preschool through 1st grade the upcoming school year (see enrollment policies below). If the incoming student is enrolling in 2nd through 6th grade, he/she will be placed in the grade level which corresponds to the grade level he/she would be entering in his or her former school.
Currently enrolled K‐5th students have priority for enrollment in Fort Collins Montessori School for the following school year. Currently enrolled students must submit an Intent to RE-Enroll form-2017-2018 by January 20, 2017.
Any questions about enrollment should be directed to [email protected] or 970‐631‐8612.