What does “classic” Montessori mean at FCMS?
FCMS provides a Pre-K through 6th grade Montessori educational experience. Our program strives to be a classic Montessori program within the environment of a public charter school.
Key elements of this model include:
- Full three-year cycles beginning at age three.
- Uninterrupted work periods at all levels.
- A fully integrated curriculum including art and music.
- A full day program for the Primary Level (ages 3-6).
- Minimal use of supplementary material at the Primary Level.
- Trained Montessori teachers (“Guides”) and assistants in every classroom.
- A full complement of Montessori materials in all classrooms.
- Montessori trained and experienced leadership.