Please join us for the 3rd Annual Fort Collins Montessori School Chili Cook-Off and Silent Auction on Saturday, February 9th from 3pm–6pm at the Northside Aztlan Center located at 112 Willow Street in Fort Collins. This event will raise funds to benefit the students and teachers at Fort Collins Montessori School. For updates on the event, tune in here!
Fort Collins Montessori School (FCMS) provides a much-needed option for families interested in progressive education in Fort Collins. As a public charter school, FCMS receives minimal funding from Poudre School District for facilities, teacher training, and expenditures beyond educating students. At the request of the FCMS Board of Directors, all proceeds from this event will go toward immediate needs for our growing school—including annual required teacher training, middle school set up, and low-income early childhood scholarships.
Enter the Cook-Off
Is your favorite chili recipe blue ribbon worthy? Why not showcase it and enter it into this year’s Chili Cook-Off? Once again we are keeping it simple with two categories—meat and meatless. The entry fee is $20 and includes your entry to the event ($15 value). Chili entries must be registered in advance at fcms.ticketleap.com. Registration opens December 12, 2018. Please note the cook-off rules below.
Get Your Tickets Early And Save!
Order tickets in advance and save! Ticket sales are completely online this year. Online ticket sales begin December 12, 2018. Purchase “early bird” or “pre-sale” tickets via credit card, or pay cash, check, or credit card at the door.
Early Bird Ticket Prices
- Open December 12, 2018
- Adults $8
- Children 12 and under FREE (maximum of 5 per family)
Pre-Sale Ticket Prices
- December 23-February 8
- Adults $10
- $5 per child (12 and under)
At the Door Day of Event
- February 9th at the door
- Adults $15
- Children $5
FCMS teachers and staff receive two (2) complimentary tickets. Choose the “Staff” option in TicketLeap.
Chili Cook-Off Rules
- Each applicant must register their chili(s) prior to the event. Entry fee is $20.00 per chili entry (note which category, meat or meatless, you are entering) and must be paid via the online registration system no later than February 1, 2019.
- Chili Cook-Off award categories include Meat Chili and Meatless Chili. We will have awards for 1st prize and runners-up in both categories.
- Qualifying entry equals six (6) quarts, or preferrably more, of chili.
- All entries must be PEANUT-, TREE NUT-, and EGG-FREE.
- Entrants are required to check-in, set up, and be ready to start serving their chili by 2:45 pm.
- Post a copy of your chili ingredients by your chili. “LIST OF INGREDIENTS” must be typed out on 8.5 x 11” paper in 14pt or larger font. “LIST OF INGREDIENTS” must disclose ALL ingredients—please, no “secret ingredients” allowed due to potential allergens.
- Entrant must supply their own slow cooker, extension cord (outlets will be available), and serving utensils. Bowls, spoons, and sample cups will be provided. Kitchen facilities will be available, if needed.
- Volunteer runners will be provided to all cooks for any assistance needed throughout the afternoon.
- Entrant may provide garnishes (i.e. cheese, hot sauce, onions, etc.), provided they are free from PEANUTS, TREE NUTS and EGGS.
- Entrant agrees that all samples will be handed ONLY to parents who may then pass along to their children. This is to ensure safety in case of food allergies/sensitivities.
- Entries will be judged by 5 pm, and awards will be presented at 5:30pm. Entrants must be present to accept awards.
- Entrants are responsible for cleaning their serving area at close of the event.
Kid-friendly chili and Fritos will be available for the children.
Volunteers will be on hand to provide activities for the children while the adults taste chili, bid, and mingle. There is a playground just outside the event venue, and you are welcome to supervise your child outside and re-enter the event. Please note that parents/caregivers are responsible for supervising their children at all times. FCMS families, look for a Call for Volunteers in January.
Bring your wallet! All proceeds from the Silent Auction will be directed to immediate needs of FCMS. Be ready to bid on over 100 donated goods and services. Cash and check are preferred methods of payment, although credit cards will also be accepted.
Note: Only adult attendees can bid on items.
Call for Sponsors and Silent Auction Donations
The Event Committee is coordinating donated items for bidding for the Silent Auction. Items may be donated from personal businesses or businesses you know or fun creative entries of your own making. If you can help solicit donations from local businesses, have a personal donation, or would like to be an Event Sponsor, please email [email protected]. Click here to download the Event Sponsor/In-Kind Donation from.
Questions About the Event?