Be considerate of others in your child’s class. Do not send your child to school if s/he is “coming down with something.” Children who are not feeling well have a more difficult time participating in the classroom. Please keep your child at home until they are fully well and no longer contagious. This is so important for the well-being of all in our school community.
Please remember that children go outside daily except in inclement weather. If your child is unable to take part in outdoor activities because of illness, please keep him/her at home for the day since we cannot keep individual children indoors during these activities.
Children with any of the following symptoms are not permitted to remain in care:
- Fever of 100˚F or higher (axillary).
- Diarrhea or vomiting.
- Earache with fever.
- Profuse green nasal discharge.
- Headache that affects activity level.
- Rash, undiagnosed or quickly spreading.
- Eye discharge or conjunctivitis (pink eye) until clear or until 24 hours of antibiotic treatment.
- Sick appearance, not feeling well, and/or not able to keep up with program activities.
- Open or oozing sores, unless properly covered and 24 hours has passed since starting antibiotic treatment, if antibiotic treatment is necessary.
- Head lice – until no nits are present.
- Scabies – until after treatment is begun.
- Any major medical event such as but, not limited to: Head/neck injury, seizure, severe allergic reactions, severe asthma attacks. Keep child home for 24 hours after the event to monitor.
For the complete FCMS Illness Policy, please consult the FCMS Family Handbook located on the Policies page.
To notify the school of your child’s absence, please email the school office at [email protected] and cc: your child’s teacher or call the Primary Office at 970-672-8492 or Elementary Office at 970-631-8612. To contact the Before or After Care staff, please email [email protected]focomontessori.org.